What is SEO? Meaning of SEO
SEO – search engine optimisation means (the action of making the best or most effective use of a situation or resource). SEO is one of the most important part of Digital Marketing.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
It is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or a web page from search engines. SEO targets unpaid traffic rather than direct traffic or paid traffic, a mandatory marketing tactic if you want your website to be found through search engines like Google.
SEO works by optimizing your site for the search engine that you want to rank for, whether it’s Google, Bing, Amazon or YouTube. … (For example, Google has over 200 ranking factors in their algorithm.) In most cases, when people think “search engine optimization”, they think “Google SEO”.
In simple terms, it means the process of improving your site to increase its visibility when people search for products or services related to your business in Google, Bing, and other search engines. The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to garner attention and attract prospective and existing customers to your business.
Why do we need Search Traffic?
We need organic traffic to advertise or run our business and make the people aware of it. Organic “SEO” Traffic is free and of high quality. It will help you off-set the costs from paid ads and referrals. You can generate leads from organic traffic using Optin Tools. Traffic from the search engines is in-bound and hence the quality and intent is high. You can boost your organic search traffic from your existing audience base through content promotion. People share content on social media as well and it will give you traction.
Search engines are an evolution of classified listings. People will only search for something they know exists, usually contentment, products and services. Content can be news entertainment, or helpful information.
How does SEO work?
Search engines such as Google, Practo and Bing use bots to crawl pages on the web, going from site to site, collecting information about those pages and putting them in an index. Think of the index like a giant library where a librarian can pull up a book (or a web page) to help you find exactly what you’re looking for at the time. The primary purpose of a search engine is to deliver quality and relevant results it its users.
The second purpose is quality of results. The list has to be useful for you to make decisions.
On- page SEO and Off -page SEO
On-page SEO is a technique that is used for optimising individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. In this we analyse complete website. It is all about relevancy. the search engines need to understand what your website is about. That’s why the right title, description and keywords in the content of the website is important.
But in Off-Page SEO focuses on increasing the authority of your domain through content creation and earning backlinks from other websites. It includes link building, increasing link popularity, search engine, link exchange etc.
What are backlinks?
Backlinks are links from a page on one website to another. If someone links to your site, then you have a backlink from them. If you link to another website, then they have backlink from you.
TYPES OF SEO
- WHITE HAT SEO
Useful & Relevant Content
Earning Links from High Authority Sites
- BLACK HAT SEO
Spammy or Paid Link Building
- GREY HAT SEO
Link Exchange Between Sites
- NEGATIVE SEO
Negative Reviews on Online Forums
Low Quality Links
- ON PAGE SEO
High Quality Content
Proper URL Structure
Image ALT Tags
- OFF Page SEO
Social media Marketing
Positive reviews on Online Forums
- TECHNICAL SEO
Crawling & Indexing
Tools of SEO
27 Simple and Free SEO Tools to Instantly Improve Your Marketing are:
1. Google page speed insights: Check the speed and usability of your site on multiple devices
2. Ahrefs webmaster tools: Sign up for Ahrefs Webmaster Tools, verify your website and you’ll be able to audit your website for over 100+ technical SEO issues. The tool also gives suggestions on how to fix them.
3.Answer the Public: Enter any relevant keyword, and Answer the Public will provide a huge list of long-tail keyword opportunities, plus common questions asked.
4.Google analytics: Complete web stats and search insights
5.Google search console: Constant website analysis, alerts, and error reports
6. Ahrefs’ Backlink Checker: Comprehensive link analysis.
7. Google Ads Keyword Planner: Enter a keyword or group of keywords into the tool, and Google Keyword Planner will return all sorts of helpful stats to guide your keyword strategy.
8. SERPSim: Preview how your web pages will look in Google’s search results.
9. Google Trends: See the relative search popularity of topics.
10. Ahrefs’ SEO toolbar: Check the broken links, redirect chains, no follow links and on-page elements for any webpage.
11. Moz Local Listing Score: See how your local business looks online.
12. Yoast SEO: Optimize your blog posts for search engines.
13. JSON-LD Schema Generator For SEO: Customize how your web pages appear in the search results.
14. Classy Schema Structured Data Viewer: Check if your structured data was implemented correctly.
15. Similar Web: View site stats for any domain.
16. SERP Robot: See your ranking position for up to five keywords.
17. XML Sitemaps: Create a sitemap.
18. Robots.txt Generator: Generate a robots.txt for your site.
19. Copyscape: Check for duplicate content.
20. Google Alerts: Get alerted of any online mentions of your brand, product or company.
21. Screaming Frog SEO Log File Analyser: Upload and analyse your log files.
22. Exploding Topics: Discover the hottest trends.
23. The Hreflang Tags Generator Tool: Generate hreflang tags for your multi-language/multi-country site.
24. Keyword Surfer: See search volumes and CPC data within the SERPs.
25. Google Mobile-Friendly Test: Check your site’s mobile-friendliness.
26. Website Authority Checker: Check your website’s Domain Rating.
27. Whitespark’s Google Review Link Generator: Create a link for customers to review your business on Google.